Multi-platform journalist who has spent a decade covering U.S. politics and public policy as a producer for national television networks, most recently as deputy senior politics producer for the PBS NewsHour, producing engaging tape in the field and thoughtful discussions in the studio. Adept at collaborating with a team or working individually to produce content for politically-savvy audiences on tight deadlines and across platforms -- on air, online and on social media.
Deputy Senior Politics Producer, 2017 – present
- Coordinate all aspects of field tape production: Pitch, produce, shoot interviews and b-roll, conduct interviews, write scripts, coordinate with graphic artists and supervise editing to create compelling and informative content.
- Produce and script day-of news tapes, with a focus on the White House, Capitol Hill, federal agencies and elections.
- Book guests, including members of Congress, academics, and reporters, for in-studio discussions. Provide research and editorial guidance for correspondents and anchors.
- Field produce remote guest interviews and correspondent live shots, coordinating with live control room and shooting and transmitting via LiveU as needed.
- Pitch, report and write politics stories for program website.
- Promoted from Politics Producer
Washington Week on PBS
Producer, 2012 – 2017
- Actively participate in editorial meetings to determine direction, focus and bookings for live, weekly public affairs roundtable program with a focus on Washington-based domestic politics & policy as well as U.S. national security & foreign policy.
- Primary program booker responsible for coordinating with several dozen regular reporters.
- Cutting producer for broadcast video elements including open package, special tapes and in-show elements and graphics.
- Write anchor copy and suggested questions for weekly post-show webcast and other web videos.
- Manage editorial content of program website and social media accounts. Pitch, produce, shoot, conduct interviews, research, write and edit original content and videos for web platforms.
- Field, control room and audience producer for PBS special projects and programs including: America After Ferguson and America After Charleston town halls and Election Night coverage.
- Promoted from Multimedia Producer and Associate Producer.
Political Unit Researcher, 2010 – 2012
- Monitored and logged political speeches including all presidential candidates to quickly identify news for use on air and online.
- Shot video of political events as a digital journalist for distribution across all NBC platforms including MSNBC and network affiliates.
- Produced and edited political videos as well as contributed writing and reporting to nbcnews.com.
- Cutting producer for Weekend Today -- coordinating with correspondents, field producers, graphic artists and editors.
- Weekend White House booth & travel pool producer and field producer for other live political events.
- Coordinated incoming satellite feeds and field tapes.
- Promoted from Desk Assistant
Shooting on Sony X200
Avid Media Composer
Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
iNews with LUCI graphics
Content management programs including Drupal and WordPress
George Mason University, 2010
NBC News’ Meet the Press
ABC News Political Unit
PBS’ Washington Week
CBS affiliate WUSA-TV